Endowed funds express confidence in Foxcroft Academy’s future. These permanent funds are invested wisely, and a portion of the income generated is used to provide opportunities in areas such as faculty and program enrichment, scholarships for students, advancement of technology, and campus enhancement.
For example, in appreciation of the dedication and work of the faculty, and the positive educational experience they provide to Foxcroft students, alumni and parents could create a permanent expression of their gratitude by establishing an endowed fund to support faculty. In 2006, the family of former Head of School Howard Ryder created the “Howard F. Ryder Endowed Fellowship for Advanced Study” to assist faculty members in pursuing advanced studies.
As the list of funds below indicate, a variety of opportunities and interests can be accommodated by contacting Cathy Hall in the Alumni/Advancement Office at 207-564-6542 or email@example.com.
Faculty Distinction – to support recruitment, retention, and development of top faculty
• Professional Development
• Sabbaticals (one per year)
• Visiting Speakers/Artists in Residence
Named Endowed Junior Faculty Chair ($250,000)
Attracting young, talented faculty is critical to the school’s long-term success. Offering a Junior Chair is one way we can distinguish ourselves and offer a competitive salary.
• Four Named Endowed Junior Faculty Chairs
Named Endowed Senior Faculty Teaching Chair ($1,000,000)
Faculty Chairs honor sustained excellence in teaching. Given to a senior member of the faculty, these named Chairs publicly recognize and honor our top faculty.
• Four Named Endowed Senior Faculty Chairs
Sustained Academic Excellence
• Four Core Academic Areas ($100,000 each)
• Technology ($150,000)
• Performing and Fine Arts ($100,000)
• Library Acquisitions ($50,000)
Scholarship funds may be established at a variety of levels, all of which benefit outstanding Foxcroft Academy students:
Named Scholarship ($50,000)
Full Scholarship for Day Student ($250,000)
Full Scholarship for Boarding Student ($400,000)
Buildings for Tomorrow – to support the existing physical facilities
A named fund of $10,000 or more can support the total endowment needs in the following areas:
• Main Academic Building ($2,000,000)
• Gymnasium Building ($500,000)
• Music Rooms and Classroom Wing ($1,000,000)
• Vocational Bldgs. & Packard Center ($250,000)
• Ebersteen Art Center ($250,000)
• Student Center and Dining Hall ($250,000)
• 7 Athletic Fields and Track Complex ($250,000)