In order to attend a boarding school in the United States, all international students must obtain several government documents from both the student’s home country and from the U.S. Consulate.
To leave your country:
1) Apply for a passport. (This process may take several weeks.)
2) Inquire as to what other documents are required, such as the following:
• Legal agreements requiring you to return to your country at a specific age, at the completion of your academic schooling, or for military service.
• Financial disclosures
• Educational agreements
To enter the United States:
1) Obtain an I-20 form (Certificate of Eligibility) from Foxcroft Academy after being accepted for admission.
2) Apply for an F-1 student visa at your nearest U.S. Embassy or Consular Office. You will need the following:
• Completed form OF-156, an Application for Non-Immigrant Visa
• I-20 form from Foxcroft Academy
• Completed Affidavit of Support to verify financial support while you are in the U.S.
You may also need to show proof of good health, English competency, educational attainment, guardianship, your enrollment contract from FA, photographs, police certificates, and intent to return home after completion of your education.
3) A fee will be charged for obtaining a visa.
4) If you are turned down the first time, please try again.
5.) If you fail to receive a visa, your original I-20 must be returned to Foxcroft Academy. Once received, we will issue a deposit refund less an administrative fee of $500.00 USD.