Student Visa

student visa (web)In order to attend a boarding school in the United States, all international students must obtain several government documents from both the student’s home country and from the U.S. Consulate.

To leave your country:

1) Apply for a passport. (This process may take several weeks.)

2) Inquire as to what other documents are required, such as the following:

• Legal agreements requiring you to return to your country at a specific age, at the completion of your academic schooling, or for military service.

• Financial disclosures

• Educational agreements

To enter the United States:

1) Obtain an I-20 form (Certificate of Eligibility) from Foxcroft Academy after being accepted for admission.

2) Apply for an F-1 student visa at your nearest U.S. Embassy or Consular Office. You will need the following:

• Completed form OF-156, an Application for Non-Immigrant Visa

• I-20 form from Foxcroft Academy

• Completed Affidavit of Support to verify financial support while you are in the U.S.

You may also need to show proof of good health (including a negative TB test for High-TB-Burden-Countries), English competency, educational attainment, guardianship, your enrollment contract from FA, photographs, police certificates, and intent to return home after completion of your education.

3) A fee will be charged for obtaining a visa.

4) If you are turned down the first time, please try again.

5.) If you fail to receive a visa, your original I-20 must be returned to Foxcroft Academy.

Additional tips for the F-1 Student Visa Application Process

  Back to top