Employment at Foxcroft Academy is for those who seek challenge, commitment, and a sense of community. Because we are an independent day and boarding school, much is required of both faculty and staff. In return, the school strives to provide competitive salaries, benefits, and opportunities for growth.
Foxcroft Academy seeks to attract, retain, and support a diverse and talented workforce committed to independent education and invites applications for the positions posted below.
Applications for faculty positions are accepted all year. In response to projected retirements, applicants may be interviewed as early as the fall. However, the vast majority of open teaching and administrative positions become known in February and March of each year. Hence the optimum time to submit applications is December and January. Applicants should email an introductory letter of interest along with a resume to Pam Weatherbee at email@example.com.
Applicants should also fill out an Employment Application and Background Check form and mail them to the following address:
c/o Pam Weatherbee
975 W. Main St.
Dover-Foxcroft, ME 04426
In addition to teaching or administrative responsibilities, all positions involve other responsibilities that are normally part of an independent school with a boarding population and may include one or more of the following: dormitory residence or association, coaching assignments, dining hall duties, committee work, and other routine duties. Given the nature of a boarding school, there is an assumption that faculty members may be called upon to fulfill these duties on evenings and weekends.
Foxcroft Academy has an opening for a grades 9-12 Mathematics Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- being student centered.
- a strong grasp of content knowledge.
- the ability to teach to a wide spectrum of student abilities in Mathematics (from introductory Algebra to Advanced Placement Calculus).
- the ability to facilitate inquiry-based learning.
- the ability teach students who have diverse backgrounds.
- an understanding of proficiency-based assessment.
- the ability to use technology successfully in his/her classroom.
- the willingness to be a team player.
- the willingness to support the mission of the school.
Salary and benefits will be based on experience. Housing opportunities may be available through participation in our boarding program.
Long Term Sub Guidance Counselor
Foxcroft Academy serves 450 domestic and international boarding students and is seeking to hire an enthusiastic and talented School Counselor as a long term sub. The successful candidate will provide academic and post-secondary guidance to include:
- accurate tracking of progress towards graduation
- academic at-risk assessment and intervention
- career planning and college searches
- assistance with college application process
- writing letters of recommendation
- successful submission of secondary school portion of college application
Additionally, the successful candidate will provide personal/social counseling to boarding students, support to teachers, and assist in school-wide event planning.
PART TIME COOK/KITCHEN HELP
Foxcroft Academy is looking for a motivated part time kitchen worker to include nights and weekends. Duties include preparing and serving meals, keeping temperature charts, inventory tracking, keeping production records, and other general kitchen duties and cleaning. Sanitation certification a plus. Applicants must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
Interested candidates should submit letter of interest, resumé, and three letters of recommendation to: Rhonda Tyler, Foxcroft Academy, 975 West Main Street, Dover-Foxcroft, ME 04426
Foxcroft Academy is an EOE